0208 090 2488 info@lexmarklegal.com

Representative of Overseas Business

Are you running a successful business in your home country at least from past one year? Now you willing to expand your business in UK. A sole representative business visa permits an individual to open up a branch in the UK. The visa lies under following conditions:

  • Your business must be already established outside UK
  • The only purpose is to open a branch or expand business in UK
  • Only one person or company member can hold representative visa, any additional member must attempt work visa
  • The intention to  enter in UK should not be for personal gain
  • You are not willing to move your business operations to UK
What you must know:

Your company need to understand that you can not move your business completely to UK. Also you are only eligible to send one person as representative in the UK. Initially 2 years of visa will be issued, later on it can extend to 5 years. In case your company appoint any other business representative, or company circumstances has been changed, you can still continue to live in the UK as sole representative employee. In such situation you must been living in UK for at least 2 years as business representative.

Business Representative Visa Requirements:

To attempt business representative visa you must been following requirements:

You must been employed by the company on a managerial or any senior position and hold responsibility to make decision for the company independently. You must hold this position from certain period of time.

  • Your intention it to work full time as company representative in UK.
  • You must been hired outside the UK by your company.
  • The company head office must remain outside the UK.
  • You must possess excellent knowledge of your company’s operation and about business plans in UK.
  • A proof of experience of business expansion overseas must be shown.
  • You intend to supporting yourself or your family financially.
  • If you wish to qualify for the settlement of 5 continuous years, you must not spend more than 6 months outside the UK to be qualify for it.
Family Members 

Your family members can join you to live with you in UK. They can also apply for settlement at the same time with you. For further details on spouse or family visa, please check our Family Visas services.


REQUEST_DENIED: You must enable Billing on the Google Cloud Project at https://console.cloud.google.com/project/_/billing/enable Learn more at https://developers.google.com/maps/gmp-get-started

Immigration Queries

Consult our experts now

Book an appointment

Share This: